Author Topic: separate from the signature dave navarro line of Air jordan shoes  (Read 811 times)

TizseageDig

separate from the signature dave navarro line of Air jordan shoes
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:56:43 pm »
Air Jordan, known colloquially Air Jordans, Jordans, Js, or "MJs" are a brand of shoes produced by Nike, Inc which was designed for and endorsed by legendary professional basketball player, Michael Jordan. The Air Jordan line is created by Jordan Brand, a sub-division of Nike. Since its first release in 1984, jordan shoes have been new designs of the shoe released each year, even after Jordan retired from basketball.  Collectors classify the Air Jordan line by release year and model: Originals (OG), Retros, Retro-pluses (Retro +), Player Exclusive (PE) and Samples. The Jordan Brand also produces a line of Team shoes, separate from the signature line of Air jordan shoes. Every year the Jordan Brand reintroduces one signature pair of shoes that was previously created. Only one style is re-introduced per year but can be re-introduced in different color schemes. www.shoebuy.comThe Jordan Brand also releases the shoes for only one day so that the shoe has more value and the retro idea does not fade in popularity.  History During early 1984, Nike was in serious jeopardy on the fast pace sportswear market. Suffering from its white man jogging brand image, Nike had no credit on the basketball world. The running shoe phenomenon that has fueled their sales in previous years was slowly dying and they need a way to revitalize and reinvent themselves in buy jordan shoes order to appeal to another segment of the market. That is when Nike saw something special in the rookie player Michael Jordan, they saw a chance, an opportunity. Nike signed Jordan to a $2.5 million deal for 5 years, plus royalties and other fringe benefits. The introduction of the Air Jordan I turned the athletic shoe industry upside deconstruction down.Before the Air Jordan I, most basketball shoes were white, but the bold black and red styling of the Air Jordan I flouted this convention. The NBA banned the shoe from the league in response, but Michael Jordan wore them anyway, racking up serious fines of up to $5000 a game. Nik e, of course, was more than happy to pay these to keep the shoes in the game and in the public eye. All this controversy and Jordan¡¯s spectacular numbers that year served to put the Air Jordan line on the road to becoming a household name. It also sold out its first shoes for close to less than a dollar a pair.  Air Jordan have consistently been among the best selling basketball shoes since their creation in 1985. The designers take his ideas, hobbies, and life into account and incorporate these themes into the shoes. In honor of Michael Jordan, the last Air Jordan will be the Jordan XXIII due to the fact that the number 23 was the number he jordan shoes wore during his NBA career.  Air Jordan I Designed by indeterminate and released in 1985, the Air Jordan I pair of sneakers was considered a breakthrough in basketball shoe design[1], although its design was improved upon later with the Nike Dunk. The shoe initially gained a great deal of publicity and interest when the National Basketball Association disallowed usage of the shoe during games because its vibrant black and red color violated the league's uniform rules and fined Michael  oregon trail gameJordan five thousand dollars every time he wore the shoes during a game. Nonetheless, other shoe companies scrambled to emulate the design and introducing knock-off brands of the Air Jordan line.  In 1984, the white/black-red and black/red colorways were introduced but sold very poorly[citation needed]. Many went on sale for as low as $20 in stores[citation needed]. However when the Air Jordan I model was reintroduced in 2001, they sold out instantly.   The first appearance of the Air Jordan I was on November 17, 1984 in a game between the Chicago Bulls and the Philadelphia 76ers.[citation needed] The first colors unveiled were the banned black/red design,  www.fljordan.comdue to a violation within the leagues uniform policy regarding its lack of support[2]. It was announced later that Nike would release them to the public the following spring.[citation needed]  In 2007, the re-retro Air Jordan I model were released, one of which was the "Beginning Moments Package" (BMP) or "Old Love, New Love" and included a re-retro of the extremely rare white/black-red jordans shoes black-toe colorway.[citation needed]  On March 29, 2008, a Retro 1 tribute to Jordan's baseball days with the Birmingham Barons were released. The shoes were a quick strike release. Highlighted by white pinstripes on the black shoe, and black pinstripes on the white shoe, it was created to look like the Barons' uniform.[citation needed]   Hatfield is believed to have drawn inspiration for the Air Jordan V from the World War II Mustang fighter plane; which is most notably visible in the shark teeth shapes on the midsole. The Air cakefarts Jordan V was retroed in 2000 to great demand, including a new colorway featuring Michael Jordan's high school (Laney High) colors. In 2006 several re-retro V's had released including the very popular LS "Grape" V's, the LS "burgundy" V's and the popular "Fire-Red" V's. Along with the latter, a very limited laser design and the black/metallic/fire red colorways were released in early 2007.  Jordan "6 Rings" shoe The  jordan shoes 6 Rings will be a combination of the six Air jordan shoes that Michael Jordan wore during his 6 Championship seasons. That includes the AJ 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13. The Jordan Brand company plans to release the "6 Rings" shoes starting in November. it will have a furry tongue.